“You were always there, you know. Even when I couldn’t remember . . . you were always there” - Colleen Hoover, Losing Hope
We could say Losing Hope is like an extra part of Hopeless. The book is written from Holder's perspective. It is a necessary part to understand the book Hopeless even better.
We get answers to many questions: 1. While Holder hates Less's ex-boyfriend, 2. What did he went through when Sky was kidnapped 3. How did he feel about her sister's death etc.
The book is beautifully written, and we fall in love with Holder's character even more. The true love he felt for her twin-sister Less and the true love he feels for Sky (Hope) is simply gorgeous. In the book he is writing letters to his deceased twin-sister and in these letters he explains his feelings even more detailly. We see his inner struggle and that he never gave up on finding Hope.
The reason why I gave only 4-star rating to this book is that since I immediately continued to read it after I finished Hopeless, I pretty much remembered every detail from the first book. This way I had a feeling of re-reading. Of course there were some extra parts and another point of view of the story - which were necessary to understand the plot better - but mostly the things were repeating, even though another words were used.
“I can't explain to you how perfect this girl is. And when I say perfect, I mean imperfect, because there's just too much wrong with her. But everything wrong with her is everything that draws me in and makes her perfect.” ― Colleen Hoover, Losing Hope

No comments:
Post a Comment